We're band geeksWere band geeks, we know it. We spent our summer in band camp which meant
running around the high school and considered it fun. We spent the hours on the
field marching back and forth, and even longer on playing our instruments. Then at
the end of the day we would complain on how our feet and arms and anything
else hurt, but then would get up and do it all again. When school began we all
tried to stick together, being new to this grand school, and in the morning we
would hang out in the band hallway which we had come to refer to as home.
Weekdays spent on practice and homework, Friday nights spent on football
games. Saturday was our game day; we practice like it was band camp, and then
rode on a bus for hours to our competition. And we were all excited about
marching on the field, no matter where it was or how famous it was, we were
happy. Then we would arrive home in the early hours in the morning to go home
and sleep all day Sunday just to repeat the cycle Monday. B
Marching BandTrumpets are blaring,
clarinets are squeaking,
saxophones are jazzing,
and drums are a beating.
From a loud bang of cymbals,
to a train crash of wrong notes,
in the chain of beautiful, strong dynamics,
and to the change of pace in musical lyrics.
People are tiptoeing lightly across,
flags twirling to and fro,
feet tentatively gliding off the ground,
dancers frolicking with fluent motions gracefully.
Marching in perfect lines,
staying in matching steps,
horns are pointed toward the sky,
director's whistle blown consistently.
Notes are played flowlessly,
while jumping to an octave lower,
fingers striking over the delicate keys,
while the grand solo is played.
Fans a cheering in the stands,
on their feet and clapping loudly,
one of the world's very best past-times,
as pride surges throughout each individual.
Obsessed with Marching Band...1. *You walk in step with people around you in the halls
2. *You find yourself humming the music during a different class
3. You can name the first marching band music you played
4. *All or most of your friends are in band
5. *When youre listening to any other music you tap your foot in time or walk in time with it
6. Your uniform is your favorite outfit (kinda for me)
7. When naming off all of your friends you realize that they all are in some sort of music class
8. You memorize your concert band music
9. *You argue with people that Marching Band IS A SPORT!!
10. *You name your instrument (my clarinet's name is Jun and is gay with my friend's sax named Bridget from Gadget Gear)
11. *You have a handshake with people in your section (the clarinets before a game we get in a big circle and count to three then do a big grunt/yell)
12. *You criticize other bands you hear on you tube
13. *You get made when your friends arent in step with you
14. *You always say psh, m